Friday, April 28, 2006

SIX WEIRD THINGS ABOUT ME?

Man, I gotta get the list down to only 6!!! Jackiesue over at Yellowdog Granny tagged me with this one. It's hard to find weird things about me that I haven't blogged. Here goes:


SIX WEIRD THINGS ABOUT JUNEBUGG

1. By the age of 31 I had been married 4 times, widowed twice (the first time at the ripe old age of 19 and with a 2 month old son) and divorced twice (and no, I didn't kill any of them although the 2 ex-husbands deserved shooting). Been single and loving it ever since then.

2. I've worn a Wings of Freedom motorcycle club property patch, had a long term relationship with a pro-rodeo cowboy, built and drove my own VW off-road rail (dunebuggy), broken and trained horses, welded under a federal nuclear permit, and worked for the government (security clearance and everything)

3. I've supported more sorry non-job-holding males in my lifetime than any Mama alive. No more, no way, no how! Ain't but one thing wrong with being a Sugar Mama, you can never get your money's worth.

4. I believe in a higher power, but not organized religion. The Wiccan Rede and Threefold Law fits my beliefs better than anything else that I've found. I don't claim to be a witch but I believe there are powers some people can harness. I don't believe that any true deity would cast out someone for their sexual orientation, color, or anything else except for pure evil.

"An it harm none, do what thou wilt."

5. I'd rather read than eat. I remember all kinds of useless trivia but can't remember anything to do with numbers. I can tell you about a book I read 3 years ago, the definitions of words that I know but can't pronounce, but I can't remember phone numbers and birthdays.

6. Most of my friends are male. I've never been a "girly girl", I could care less about hair-dos and makeup, and don't have much in common with most females. I'd rather talk cars, fishing, and tools than fashion. I'd much rather mow the yard than clean the house. Although I clean up fairly well, I live in jeans and T-shirts with no make-up and wash & go hair. In spite of that, I get "accosted" (my sister Donna's words, not mine) by strange men in stores all the time, I have no idea why. It's not like I'm some kinda beauty, I'm fat and 50 for God's sake! She and my friend Karen just stand back and snicker at me while I try to get away from fellers following me down the aisles and hemming me up against my car. Traitors! They're supposed to rescue me, that's what you've got relatives and friends for!!

There ya go, folks. I kept it PG rated in spite of some of Donna's suggestions. What I've got stashed in the toybox under my bed is none of your business!!

I'm only gonna tag Donna, because I want to see what she writes about herself after hearing her ideas on what's not normal about her big sister!!! The rest of you can play if you want, just drop a line in the comments so I can be sure to read your answers.

UPDATE: Donna's 6 Weird Things has been posted. Y'all go and check her out.

No comments: