Tuesday, March 06, 2007

NO NET

I guess it had to happen; they’ve cut off all internet access at the mill. OK, I exaggerate. You CAN get on the net after you close down your computer and log back on with your personal name and password. That way the powers-that-be at the home office in Memphis can tell that exactly who you are, precisely what non-work-related sites you visit and how long you stay on line. Plus when you’re online you can’t see any of the stuff that you need to do your job.

So now not only am I trapped sitting on my butt for 12 hours with no breaks or an opportunity to get up and stretch, I don’t have the ability to flex my poor work-addled brain or distress even a little. You can really tell that they worry about our mental and physical health, can’t you.

It wouldn’t be so bad if I didn’t spend 80% of my waking hours on the job. It’s tough enough that we don’t have time for family and friends, now we can’t even read the paper or check the weather. What little off-time I have seems to be taken up by house work, bill paying and sleep.

Too bad I have to work for a living, I’m too old to find a Sugar Daddy and too young (and not rich enough) to retire. If ya’ll don’t hear from me for a while, you know where I’ll be.


EXTRA: Here's a picture of Donna's daughter, Wendi, from her wedding last Saturday. Ain't she pretty!

2 comments:

anonymous jones said...

The mungrels! Just another example of adults being treated like school kids. I saw on the news the other night some junk mail delivers angry because the boss wanted them to wear a GPS thing so they could be tracked minute by bloody minute! Productivity will go down and absentees will go up. (Can you get another job, Buggsy?)

Cake Lady said...

I'll keep checking looking for new blurbs from another Beautiful Southern Woman.