Thursday, July 26, 2007

6 WORD STORY

I got the idea from here and thought "What a great idea for a post!"

Hemingway once wrote a story in just six words
("For sale: baby shoes, never worn.")
and is said to have called it his best work.


These are some of my favorite examples given in the article:
Longed for him. Got him. Shit.- Margaret Atwood
With bloody hands, I say good-bye.- Frank Miller
The baby’s blood type? Human, mostly.- Orson Scott Card

I even found this where the author composed 6 Word Stories to match her Flicker Photos. So I guess I need to write mine and then I want y'all to post your 6 Word Story in the comments. OK, how hard can it be? Only 6 words, here goes nothing.......

Potato peels. Bloody knife. Band-aid. Ouch!

I know, not great writing. So what if I used band-aid as one word!!! It has a hyphen so I'm gonna keep it as one word. Let's see YOU do better.

5 comments:

Lightning Bug's Butt said...

This IS a great idea! Maybe I'll write one.

Mary Godwin said...

What a terrific idea, and I'm game, so here's mine:

First names only. Hello. Coffee. Goodbye.

Cake Lady said...

I must be losing my mind. I could have swore I left you one here. I went back to see what others had left and I see that I have in fact lost my mind.

Sister in trouble, all her fault.

anonymous jones said...

Six words only? My fifteen seconds.

Anonymous said...

CHEAP wow gold BUY wow power leveling MY wow power leveling