Friday, January 25, 2008

BRRRRRR SHIT, IT'S COLD!


Location: Work

Time: 1:30 AM

Temperature: 19F

Wind Chill: 9F
AND IT'S GETTING COLDER BY THE MINUTE!

We Southerners aren't used to this kind of weather. The heater is cranked up but it isn't doing that much. Our control room is suspended over a roadway really high up and between two other buildings and the wind seems to be attacking from all sides. I'm wearing a sweatshirt over a long sleeved shirt indoors and my hands are freezing. PLUS: This place needs to invest in heated toilet seats (I believe my bottom got frost bit on that last potty break!).
DAMN I dread that 15 minute walk to the parking lot at 5:30 AM! Wish the car would start on a timer and be all toasty warm when I got to it, I just hope I don't have to scrape the windshield again this morning.

3 comments:

ell said...

Dang, that's cold (9F = -13 Celsius) even for us northerners!

It's hovering around the freezing point around here. Snow's expected, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed it'll stay up in the mountains where it belongs.

yellowdoggranny said...

dang..the south is really getting hit by the cold..doesn't it seem like your winters are getting colder and colder each year?
you need a super girl cap like mine...ha

Ol' Lady said...

You poor thing! *sarcasm*
Honest to God when it gets that warm we say, lets get outside and do something. Yesterday around 4 or 5 p.m. the temp was 0. I made Baby go out clean the snow off of her car put lic. plate covers on and amuse the dog for a while. I told her to put a hat and gloves on, she looked at me like I had fallen off of a turnip truck "yeah, o.k." she says as her ass is out the door with just a quilted work shirt on.
Maybe the years of cold has made us numb???