Friday, January 20, 2006

SCHOOL DAZE

I realize that I've been missing in action, but I have a good excuse! The company has had me and several other operators in a Instrument/Electrical Precision Maintenance class. (Like I've ever been precise about anything!) Me, doing precision maintenance, that's a scary thing!

It was a good class, but the math just about had me pulling my hair out. It's like playing House or Columbo, taking a bunch of symptoms or clues and diagnosing what needs to be repaired. Except the patients/victims are pumps, transmitters, valves, level controls, etc. etc.

The downside was a loss of off days and free time. The upside is at graduation they gave me a diploma (good if I ever need to find another job) and a Dell Axim 51 handheld with


* Microsoft® Windows MobileTM 5.0 software with Windows Media Player 10 Mobile
*Powered by the Intel® XScaleTM PXA270 Processor at 416MHz
*Brilliant 3.5" color TFT display
*Integrated BluetoothTM Wireless Technology
*Packed with 64MB SDRAM and 128MB Flash ROM
*Integrated CompactFlash Type II and Secure Digital / SDIO Now! / MMC card slots provide flexible expansion
*Removable Primary Battery with optional High Capacity Battery
*3.5mm Headphone / Headset Jack for Headsets to support voice recognition applications
*Built-in microphone and speaker for easy recording on the go
*USB Sync Cable
*Leather Case
*Cradle/Recharger


Now I gotta learn to operate the thing. That little stick is going to take some getting used to but it gives me something new to play with (I tend to get bored easily). And it WAS FREE!

In other news, CrazyRideLady has sent me her SNAIL MAIL addy and I'll be putting her prize package in the mail ASAP. Y'all stay tuned for her version of the Traveling Lei contest.

No comments: