OK People, it's time for PHASE 2 of DB's TRAVELING LEI CONTEST.
Since we just had Christmas, the burning question y'all gotta answer to get lei'd is...... (drumroll please)......
"Name the strangest, weirdest, wackiest or most unusual gift that you've ever received."
It doesn't have to be a Christmas present, and you didn't have to get it this year. Answer in the comments and answer as often as you like. The contest is going to run until 2 weeks from today. Then I'll chose the winner and announce it here, send them an e-mail so they can send me their snail-mail addy and I'll mail the lucky person their goodies.
1. At the end of the contest, the current lei holder will ship the Traveling Lei to the next lucky winner.DB has created a Traveling Lei Page on his blog (complete with pictures of the past winners, like ME) so we can keep up with it's progress around the world. You get the beautiful lei in the picture plus whatever winnings I come up with from the beautiful state of Alabama here in the heart of Dixie.
2. Along with a small gift from your own state or country.
3. You must attach a creative tag to the "traveling lei", such as "Aloha from Hawai`i", or "Howdy from Texas", etc, and your blog address. The tag should be no larger than the size of an airline baggage tag or Xmas tag so we can get lots of them on there
4. When you receive the lei, you must post a picture of yourself wearing it and holding a sign that says "I got lei'd by DB in Hawaii!" (or whomever you got the lei from) like this time it's "I got LEI'D by Junebugg in Alabama" . Also post a link back to me and the person you got the lei from so we can keep track of our Aloha, as well as these rules personalized to your own site.
5. Then create your own contest for the next winner, but the rules for the traveling lei will remain the same. The contest should run for no shorter than a week and no longer than two weeks.
I'm leaving this post at the top of my site until the contest is over. Come on y'all, most people get a measley kiss for New Year's. You can get LEI'D!
UPDATE: Folks, we're offical. The Traveling Lei Contest has been listed and linked on the Blog Contest Site.