Friday, November 25, 2005

PREGNANT TURKEY

I recieved this e-mail today and just had to share it. Aren't families wonderful! I promised not to name the person who told this story but YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE and I love ya. You can tell she's not a Southerner because she says "stuffing" instead of "dressing".


PREGNANT TURKEY


One Christmas, my Mom (who is now deceased) went to
my sister's house for the traditional feast. Knowing how
gullible my sister is, Mom decided to play a trick.

She told my sister that she needed something from the store.
When my sister left, Mom took the turkey out of the oven,
removed the stuffing, stuffed a Cornish hen, and inserted it
into the turkey, and re-stuffed the turkey. She then placed
the bird(s) back in the oven.

When it was time for dinner, my sister pulled the turkey
out of the oven and proceeded to remove the stuffing.
When her serving spoon hit something, she reached in
and pulled out the little bird. With a look of total shock
on her face, our Mother exclaimed,"Patricia, you've cooked a
pregnant bird!"

At the reality of this horrifying news, my sister started to
cry. It took the family nearly two hours to convince her
that turkeys lay eggs!

No comments: