Saturday, November 25, 2006

BACK TO THE OLD GRINDSTONE

Well, the turkey carcasses have all been stripped bare, most of the left-overs recycled and the official Christmas shopping season has started. Damn, I hate trying to shop among holiday crowds with all the rude folks snatching things off the shelves and tossing them in the floor, getting smashed in the shins by shopping cart wielding asshats while dodging unruly kids left to run wild by uncaring parents, and trying in vain to find the perfect gift for folks when I have no idea what they need/prefer/want.


I’m back at work on the 6PM to 6 AM shift; this is the first time in years that I actually had an off day for Thanksgiving. I’ve just checked my schedule and it seems that I won’t get another off day for at least 3 weeks, I work midnights through Monday night, and then start 3 weeks of 12 hour dayshifts on Wednesday (I don’t consider Tuesday an off day since it’s a quick turn-around) so forgive me if I don’t have much blog-worthy material for a while.

I’ll do my best to finish my gift buying and maybe find a gem or two to write about when I get off work in the afternoon, if I can manage to not just go home and pass out. Dayshift does me in, having to get up at 3:30 and all. I'm a night owl, always have been. Maybe I'm part vampire or something but I don't function well in the early morning hours. My best times seems to be from midnight until the sun starts to peek over the horizon.

Hope y'all had a good Thanksgiving; Happy Holidays to all those that I missed either sending an email to or commenting on your blogs. Reading your posts and emails are one of the highlights of my days and I promise that I’ll find time at work to covert blog/read your posts. At least the overtime will cover my Christmas spending.

Who knows, I might even have enough left to take a much needed vacation after the first of the year. Anybody got a spare room; I might need to run away from home for a while to recuperate.......

PS: Go visit Donna as she attempts to gather material to craft a natural Christmas:
my behind was stuck between the two trees, my little short, legs waving inthe air uselessly.

The woman is seriously funny, you'll laugh until you pee your pants!

No comments: