Wednesday, November 22, 2006

THANKSGIVING

Pots are simmering, the oven is heating up the kitchen and the smell of sautéing onions, peppers and garlic are perfuming the house. Yep, it’s time for the annual Thanksgiving cook-off. I’ve got my family dinner this afternoon and Sweet Thang’s family feast is tomorrow. I believe that I’ll wear my stretchy pants and pig out both days.

I’ve got a brown sugar ham and my world famous baked beans in the oven. The recipe is easy, simple to make in either a small or a huge batch, and everyone loves my beans, even the kids!

JUNEBUGG'S BAKED BEANS

Equal measures pork & beans and browned hamburger (well drained)
Good amount of catsup
Healthy squirt of mustard
Chopped & Sautéed onions, bell peppers (any color) & garlic
Black Pepper to taste

Mix and bake until hot all the way through (all ingredients are already cooked) and eat!

I spent all yesterday and most of last night Christmas shopping, I’m not finished but the bulk of my gift buying is done. Presents are wrapped and scattered all over the living room floor, now I’ve to worry about the tree. I never know how many off days I’ll get between now and then so I have to get an early start.

Let the festivities begin!

No comments: