Saturday, July 30, 2005

GHOST RIDER

I just found out that a movie based on the comic book (which I don't remember reading) and starring Eva Mendes, Nicolas Cage, Peter Fonda, Wes Bentley, and Sam Elliott is in the works for next summer. With a cast like this I started doing a little web-research.

The plot of the movie is based on the Marvel Comic Book Series where a motorcyclist makes a deal with the devil in order to save his mentor from cancer. What he doesn't realize is that he gets more than he bargained for. By day, he's Johnny Blaze, by night, he is the Ghost Rider- a humanoid with a flaming skull as a head that makes those who are guilty pay the price. Kinda the typical hero but with a twist.

The roles so far as I can find out are: Nicholas Cage as Johnny Blaze/Ghost Rider, Wes Bentley as Blackheart, Eva Mendes as Roxanne Simpson, Daniel Frederiksen as Wallow, Laurence Breuls, Matthew Wilkinson, Matt Long as Young Johnny, Sam Elliott as Caretaker, Peter Fonda as Mephisto, and Donal Logue as Mack.

I'm not sure how the movie will turn out, but with an all star cast like this someone will have to really mess up for the film not to be a hit. This looks like one for the entire family. I've got my fingers crossed. Besides, Sam Elliott is one of my heart throbs. My god, his voice sends chills down my spine. I'm looking forward to seeing this one.

No comments: