Monday, July 25, 2005

MUSIC AT THE RIVER

I just got back from the weekly Concert in the Park at Decatur's Rhodes Ferry Park which features different bands each week. They were jamming with Bishop Black and Leaky Sneaker! The bands played every thing from Southern Fried Rock to Headbanger Hits to Moldy Oldies. Excellent tunes and quality company in the great outdoors.

Karen and her son Brock went with me. We carried a cooler of drinks and a sack full of Dairy Queen $.99 cheeseburgers and had us a picnic with live music. We sat our folding chairs in the shade (the heat index today was 110 degrees!) and just enjoyed ourselves. And it was free! Man, it don't get better than that.

Now I gotta go beddy-bye, I have to work tomorrow and 3:30 comes early. I hope everyone else had as good a day as I did.

No comments: