Monday, July 04, 2005

ICE-CREAM AND FIREWORKS

I hope everyone has enjoyed this holiday. I’m back at work, but I did manage to do a little celebrating of my own yesterday.

One of my sisters cooked out and several of us went over to eat. The kids played in the pool all afternoon; the so-called adults ate and drank too much. I make homemade Oreo Ice Cream

2 large boxes Jello Oreo instant pudding mix (or favor of your choice)
2 cans evaporated milk
whole milk.
1 tablespoon butter or run flavoring

Mix both pudding mixes and both cans of evaporated milk. Pour into ice cream freezer. Top off with whole milk. Turn freezer on and wait until done. Enjoy.

This ice-cream is smooth and creamy without ice crystals. You can change up flavors and add various things to make your own favorites. Cheesecake pudding and sliced strawberries are a favorite. Sugar-free pudding, fat-free evaporated milk and skim milk produce a diet ice-cream every bit as good as anything you can buy. Just don’t mix before hand, the pudding gets too thick.

We finished with several hundred dollars worth of fireworks. Everyone had a good time except for some family strife, but that seems to be par for the course. I guess when our parents died, our family did also. If any of my sisters are reading this, Happy Holidays.

No comments: