Saturday, January 27, 2007

BURPPPPPPPPPP

The guys at work have ruined me! They ordered 10 whole chickens from one of the local hole-in-the-wall Bar-B-Que joints nearby and we've all just about eaten ourselves into a coma. In case you didn't know, some of the very best bar-b-que comes from the most disreputable looking establishments. Never judge the quality of the food by the shape of the building or the appearance of the people doing the cooking!

You haven't lived until you've had chicken slow cooked over a hickory fire with home-made Southern style white sauce (sorry to you Yankees, but y'all can't make white sauce for flip). The birds came with potato salad and baked beans, a full course of fine Southern cuisine.

Damn, I think I just popped the button off my jeans!

So much for my so-called diet. But it ain't my fault! These guys twisted my arm and made me eat! Oh Hell Yeah, that's exactly what happened!

Hey, it sounds like a good excuse so "THAT'S MY STORY AND I'M STICKING TO IT!" I'll start a diet tomorrow........... since today's already gone on the wings of a hickory smoked chicken and I've got a surprise birthday party to go to tonight......... and it's being held in a Mexican restaurant. You know I gotta eat again! It's a party and she's my very bestest friend and it would be rude to not go and I can't go and not eat and..... and....... and...............

Fuck it, I'm weak, so sue me. I'll probably drink a picture of margaritas to drown my shame.

No comments: