Wednesday, February 28, 2007

WORLD'S OLDEST BLOGGER

I'd like for everyone to go over and say "Hello" to Olive who at the young age of 107 has started her own blog (or "blob" as she calls it). In the picture she's drinking a shandy (beer and lemonade).

Good Morning everyone. My name is Olive Riley. I live in Australia near Sydney. I was born in Broken Hill on Oct. 20th 1899.Broken Hill is a mining town, far
away in the centre of Australia. My Friend, Mike, has arranged this blog for me. He is doing the typing and I am telling the stories. He thinks it’s a good idea to tell what’s going on. He already made a film about me a few years back and people liked that, so they might like this blog too, he says. We’ll see.

I think Olive's quite an inspiration for the rest of us who complain about getting older and thicker around the waist with out creaky joints and such while she's still chipper and taking on political causes such as defending lettuce farmers! So far Olive only has 3 posts but she's on a roll and there ain't no stopping her.

Olive is amazed that people from around the world can and do read her stories, so go and let her know that just because you've got a few years on you doesn't mean that no one will listen to you.

No comments: