Tuesday, August 30, 2005

THERE SHE BLOWS

Hurricane Katrina has made it to North Alabama and she's keeping me awake. The noise is drowning out the TV and both air conditioners. The wind is howling outside, the TV said we had gusts up to 80 mph. I looked out the door and the trees are being blown sideways and the patio furniture is scattered across the lawn. There are limbs and leaves all over the place, even inside the carport! The poor dogs are huddled up on the doorstep trying to come inside.

Tomorrow morning is garbage day but I know if I put the cans out I'll have trash decorating the lawn and trees. I'll have enough to clean up with the tree debris Katrina is tossing around.

I hope everyone is OK, I haven't heard from my friends down South. Maybe this is a case of "no news is good news". I know lots of the coast is without power or phones. I'm going to try to sleep again, at least lie down and get some rest. Later y'all.

No comments: