Friday, June 10, 2005

BLOGAHOLIC

I was reading through some of the comments over at Johnnies blog and Amie made the statement that blogging seems to follow a certain pattern. I hadn't thought about that before and lifted her list to share with y'all.

PS - After going to Amie's blog I find she gives credit for this list to others, so it's making the rounds.

PPS - I was given to link to the full length version of The Blogger's Life Cycle in my comments by a gracious reader.


They say a blogger has a Life Cycle

1. You start reading blogs.
2. You start a blog.
3. You become a stats whore.
4. You become really personal on your site as the online and real-life worlds start confusing you.
5. You faux retire from blogging.
6. You cave back into blogging in less than 72 hours.
7. You decide to get serious about blogging.
8. You have a pseudo flirty im/blogging/flickr flirting relationship with another blogger whom you have never met.
9. You decide that you must meet other bloggers.
10. You take a step back and metablog about blogging and what blogging has done about your blogging.
11. See step 5.
12. You decide that as a result of step 10 and having repeated step 5 more than 3 times in the course of your lifecycle as a blogger, that you need to sanitize or reinvent your blog.
13. You either lose your job because of blogging, are afraid of losing your job for blogging, or join a company that builds blogging tools.
14. You decide to start an anonymous livejournal blog.




What do you think? I've deleted this blog once in a fit of pique. It was all of 3 days before I started to have withdrawal systems. Every time something interesting happened or I heard a good joke I automatically started composing a blog entry in my mind.

Then............. "Damn, I don't have a blog anymore!!" It was like losing my bestest buddy and not having someone to talk to. Is there a Blogaholic's Anonymous? Do I need the 12 Steps?

I couldn't stand it. So I redid my blog usuing the same addy and Blog Title and got my fix, which puts me at step 6. I'm a Blogaholic and proud of it. All you Blogaholics out there stand up and be counted!! WE ARE BLOGGERS - HEAR US ROAR!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: