Friday, July 28, 2006

LAZY DAYS

I've been a Lazy Bug! I had the last couple of days off and I swear I didn't do anything except lay under the A/C, curled up with Rufus the cat and read (me, not Rufus. He doesn't care much for reading, although he is extremely fond of cuddling). Didn't get on the net, didn't do housework, didn't see friends or family. I didn't leave the house except to go to the grocery store! Nothing, nada but chill and stay in my own little world. It's been too hot to get outside and do anything exciting, so I've lived it up in my dreams and imagination.

Luckily I have lots of reading material. Bookshelves overflowing, books piled on every flat surface and then a few even stacked on the floor! It looks as if I have my own personal library. I buy them both new and used plus I have friends who give me the ones that they've finished. I pass most of the paperbacks on, but the majority of hard covers stay. I read everything; Si/Fi, horror, mystery, history, theology; even romance (the junk food of books) makes it's way onto my reading list once in a while. What I want to read all depends on my mood, just like the music I listen to.

Now it's back to work. Maybe something exciting will happen to post about but don't hold your breath. My life seems to be in a boring stage right now.

No comments: