Tuesday, October 25, 2005

30 DEGREES IS COLD!


Old Man Winter has hit the South. I've shut the windows, lit the pilot light in the gas heater and put the heavy comforter on the bed. I've had to break out my heavy coat and gloves and add fresh cedar shavings to the dog's house. All my plants have shriveled up and when I go outside the wind sends shivers down my back. Jack Frost had even arrived when I got off of work at 6 AM this morning

This is the time of year to stay inside and snuggle up with a warm drink, some munchies, some fine jams on the stereo and a good book. So I present for your enjoyment, Time Magazine's 100 BEST ENGLISH NOVELS covering from 1923 to the present. This should give us a few months worth of reading ideas.

I'm an avid reader, and I was shocked at how many of these I've never heard of. Of course, I live in the backwoods of Alabama, so I have an excuse.

If you don't like the list, then try WHAT SHOULD I READ NEXT? You just type in the title and author of the last book you read and it gives you a few recommendations.

And last but not least I like checking out Curled Up, a book review site.
With all these helpful sites, I'm sure you'll find something that you can stand to read. Next time we'll discuss cocktail recipes!

No comments: