Saturday, December 24, 2005

CHRISTMAS EVE

First of all, I want one of these very badly! Please, please, Santa. I promise to be good for the rest of my life if I can have one!!

Work's going well, the management actually brought in a deli tray and everyone is stuffed and hunting a place to sit down.

Tonight I go to the family home for our first Christmas without our parents around to keep us from doing any kind of harm or mayhem to each other. You know what sisters are like and there are 5 of us. Maybe for once we can all get along. No hair pulling, no scratching or eye gouging. Kinda takes all the fun out of getting together but we are the adults now and must set a good example for the kids, damn it.

I'm cruising the blogsphere, checking to see if anyone besides me is online instead of involved in festive holiday happenings. Most of the people I know are last minute shopping or doing family type things. This is almost like Christmas in Prison.

RukSak writes about how mistletoe in a bar can lead to a night in jail on charges of drunk driving a stolen bicycle. He tells a mean story and you ought to go check it out. I promise you'll get a giggle out of it.

Kim's family has a tradition that I want to steal, and Randy has **this** that I covet with all of my heart. I hope to find one in my stocking!

I just discovered Southern Humorists, a page of links to writers that:


We are Southern writers with a strong sense of regional heritage who laugh at our own shortcomings and make diversity into an asset. We are proud of our turnip greens, cornbread and rural past, but recognize football, country music, and car racing as activities of a new South. We would also like to go on record as the humorist group with the most couches on the front porch and the greatest number of junk cars rusting in the backyard.



These folks has tons of stories of Southern traditions and stories that are good for hours of entertainment.

Guess I need to go and pretend to be working. Only a few hours till I can go home, grab a quick shower and check out what kinda goodies my sisters have baked. That's one advantage to working all the time, everyone else does the cooking.

Merry Christmas, y'all (yes I can say that, it's my blog). Hope Santa brings lots of presents and you get kissed or better under the mistletoe.

1 comment:

Kim said...

take it with my blessing junebugg! lol. Merry Christmas honey, to you and your family.