Wednesday, December 28, 2005

SOMEONE JUST SHOOT ME

Quick, someone call The CDC!! Evil People have declared biological warfare on the state of Alabama! There's a short-lived stomach virus going around that has got to be bioengineered by the very Devil himself because it doesn't kill you outright. OH NO! That would be too easy. This demon bug makes you wish you would die so you could feel better!

The first I heard of it was from SJ talking about how sick her two little girls were with the "24 Hour Vomit Virus". See how evil this insidious germ is, it's attacking small children! Next it hit my grandson along with two of my sisters, varied nieces, nephews and coworkers.

Then, at 1 AM Monday morning it got me! I spent all day Monday (MY 1 DAY OFF!) and half of Tuesday sitting on the porcelain throne with my head in a garbage can, spewing at both ends. (Not a pretty visual I know. If you're that kinky I'm not sure I even want to know you!) I started off making impossible promises to God that if he would just let me get better I would, well do whatever. After a while I was begging him to go ahead and let me die so I would just not be miserable anymore. Nothing stayed down, meds, water, soda, tea, nada.

I staggered into work Tuesday night expecting at least some sympathy only to find that half the shift had the same crud and several of them had been to the emergency room, including one that First Aid had sent from the plant. See! They're having to evacuate the plant because of this germy menace.

I'm still wobble-legged and just had my first solid food today. Lets hope that I'm on the road to recovery.

BE AFRAID, BE VERY AFRAID. THE STOMACH-BUG IS HERE... and you're next!

No comments: