Tuesday, December 13, 2005

HOME AWAY FROM HOME

I received several comments and e-mails wanting to know where I worked because I keep talking about long shifts and tons of overtime. So I present you with the International Papers , Courtland Alabama Mill (my home away from home) which is located on the beautiful Tennessee river and covers a little more than 60 acres. I've even included some downloadable files to show you some of the mill operations.

I work in the control room of our power plant, which is the same as your city utilities. We produce all the steam, electricity, waste treatment and water for the mill. I'm talking about enough to supply a city the size of Huntsville, AL. The plant has won numerous environmental awards, so we must do a decent job of it.

Welcome to my world. (Click on picture for a larger view.)

No comments: