Sunday, February 05, 2006

WELL HELL!

At work, I cover 5 different jobs in 2 different departments in 2 different areas of the mill. 2 of these jobs I work most of the time and I'm comfortable on them, but the other 3 I cover only a few days a year. It's hard to remember everything about all these different areas and responsibilities, I'm going to admit that the older I get, the harder it is to remember.

I've been working in a different area this weekend, and I worked here maybe 50 or 60 hours all of last year. When things run normally, it's OK. You have time to refresh and to figure out all the things that have changed (when you work with computers, I/A controls and such, things change every day).

Friday we had a major tube rupture in one of the boilers. At least that one can't be pinned on me, it was one of those "OH SHIT" deals that just happen. Luckily no one got hurt. It was a power boiler, so the thing didn't explode, just blew parts around inside of the boiler itself. Costly to repair but no one's fault.

But last night, I forgot to call another department while bringing up a piece of equipment (I haven't brought up this thing in more than a year). I'm not making excuses, just stating my case. No one is perfect, most especially me!

All indications on my end was that everything was OK, but the finished product went somewhere else. My alarm that said the other department wasn't satisfied went away and everything seemed to be normal, but obviously they weren't because I've been in one "fact finding meeting" tonight along with my union rep, and have been warned that I will probably be in another meeting tomorrow night with the VIPs who don't work nights and weekends. The other department stayed venting and never noticed that their alarms cleared. Now the environmental department of the mill is involved and I'm in deep doodoo.

Bad Junebugg!! I guess that's what I get for thinking. From now on I'm going to call everyone, scream at the top of my lungs, bug the hell out of anyone I can find and give new meaning to the term hysterical female and paranoid person. I may even develop a persecution complex!

I might just get talked to or written up with a warning if I'm lucky, but it could go as far as getting days off without pay.

Some days, it just don't pay to get out of bed.

No comments: