Friday, April 28, 2006

BOOK MEME

It's raining and all I'm doing is working and sleeping, so for your entertainment I give you another meme. Per the instructions I'm to look at the list of books below, bold the ones I've read, italicize the ones I might read, cross out the ones I won't read, underline the ones on my book shelf, and place parentheses around the ones I've never even heard of. You'll probably be able to tell a lot about me from this meme! Or not.

The Da Vinci Code-Dan Brown
The Catcher in the Rye - J.D. Salinger
The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy - Douglas Adams
The Great Gatsby - Scott F. Fitzgerald
To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee
The Time Traveler's Wife - Audrey Niffenegger
His Dark Materials - Philip Pullman
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - J. K. Rowling
The Life of Pi - Yann Martel
Animal Farm - George Orwell
Catch 22 - Joseph Heller
The Hobbit - J. R. R. Tolkien
(The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time - Mark Haddon)
Lord of the Flies - William Golding
Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen
1984 - George Orwell
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - J. K. Rowling
(One Hundred Years of Solitude - Gabriel Garcia Marquez)
Memoirs of a Geisha - Arthur Golden [I've been aiming to get this one]
The Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini
The Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold
Slaughterhouse 5 - Kurt Vonnegut
(The Secret History - Donna Tartt)
Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte
The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe - C.S. Lewis
Middlesex - Jeffrey Eugenides
(Cloud Atlas - David Mitchell)
Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte
(Atonement - Ian McEwan)
(The Shadow of The Wind - Carlos Ruiz Zafon)
The Old Man and the Sea - Ernest Hemingway
The Handmaid's Tale - Margaret Atwood
The Bell Jar - Sylvia Plath
Dune - Frank Herbert
Sula - Toni Morrison
Cold Mountain - Charles Frazier
The Alchemist - Paulo Coehlo
(White Teeth - Zadie Smith)
The House of Mirth - Edith Wharton
(Purple Hibiscus - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie)
(Songs of Innocence and Experience - William Blake)
Adultery and Other Choices - Andre Dubus
The Iliad and The Odyssey - Homer
(The Stone Angel - Margaret Laurence)
(Hard-boiled Wonderland and the End of the World - Haruki Murakami)
(Swann's Way - Marcel Proust, translated by Lydia Davis)
(The Angel of Forgetfulness - Steve Stern)

I know my reading list is eclectic, but most of the books I have on my bookshelves aren't on this list, like Tanith Lee's "Tales of the Flat Earth", the complete works of Louis L'Amour, tons of mystery and SiFi like Koko, lots of C. J. Cherryh and many more. I also have many of the classics, from Dickens to Patricia Highsmith to Robert E. Howard (of Conan the Cimmerian fame). There are too many more to name so I'm not going to try.

Now just because I'm curious, I tag:
Pat
Jackiesue
Bitichitude
Dan
Jay

Note for non-Geeky Types: I'm substituting [ ] for < > or else these hints won't show up. To show delite or crossing out use [del] [/del], and to show underline use [u] [/u] on the HTML page. Hope this helps some of y'all.

1 comment:

Gordon said...

June you will LOVE the hitch-hickers Trilogy (I know it's 5 books but it's a Douglas "TRILOGY")
it does take a little getting used to as well Mr Adams does have a quirky sense of humor - hmm can ya tell i've read all of them, can also recommend all of J.K. Rowling's books as i've got and read all 6.