Sunday, April 23, 2006

HOT DIGGITY DOG & TOMATOES

Saturday Sweet Thang and I went to the Master Gardener Sale at the Decatur fairgrounds. Now I don't plant a garden but I do have to have me some HOME-GROWN tomatoes. Those store-bought tomatoes taste like cardboard, nothing beats the taste of a sun-rippened tomato fresh off the vine! The flavor just bursts in your mouth with every bite!

I got adventurous this year and bought some experimental hybrid tomatoes, Solar Set and Mountain Fresh.As hot as it's already been, I was afraid that regular tomatoes wouldn't do well, and both these varieties are supposed to be heat tolerant.

We'll see about that if the plants live. I planted them yesterday, and then had to replant them today. My helpful K-9 went out last night and dug them all up.

"Bad Dog" just made her wag her tail. I don't know what I'm gonna do with her! Maybe I can teach her to dig holes where I want to plant stuff instead of digging them up later? Maybe she didn't like the spot where I planted?

Y'all wish me and the tomatoes luck, cause it looks like we're going to need it.

No comments: