Friday, April 07, 2006

SHOPPING & STORMS

I spent yesterday loafing around Decatur with my sister Teresa, starting with a leisurely lunch on the outside patio of the Market Street Cafe & Deli. We had the perfect day for it, sunny with a mild breeze, and the view of the Tennessee River from our table was wonderful. So was the cute young waiter who brought our orders and cocktails, and we both tipped him accordingly.

Afterward we went on a mild shopping spree where I bought several pairs of really cute shoes that I needed like I need another hole in the head. I couldn't help it, I have a shoe fetish. Now I need another closet just for my footwear.

Did I mention that I took vacation days Sat and Sun for the Chicken & Egg Festival? Now the weatherman is trying to screw me over with this headline: Forecaster: Threat of tornadoes, hail today. Let's hope I don't get blown away and all the clouds are gone by in the morning, I'd hate to waste a vacation day.

The radio is shouting gloom and doom, keep fresh batteries in your flashlights and radios, go to a safe place, yada yada yada. BUT I'm at work, so I don't get the luxury of laying low in a storm cellar listening to the radio. Y'all keep your fingers crossed and I'll let you know how "she blows"later.

Technorati Tags: Shopping, Market Street Cafe & Deli, Chicken & Egg Festival, Moulton

No comments: