Wednesday, May 24, 2006

CHILDHOOD MEMORY GAME

I'm shamelessly stealing borrowing this idea from the fabulous NonGirlfried aka Chicken.

Each of you go to the comment section and give us one of your favorite childhood memories. Use as much or as little detail as you want, it is your memory, after all. I'll start you off with a few of mine.

Winnie Roasts on the flat rock in the edge of the woods. Charred hot-dogs and marshmallows on a stick. Gathering sticks for the fire. Mom and Dad young and good looking, laughing and making sure none of us caught on fire. Competing to see who could get the most marshmallows on one stick.

Building hay houses in the barn. Taking square bales of hay and stacking them to create rooms and furniture. Stealing blankets and pillows out of the house, my sisters and I spending the day out there pretending to be grown while rain drummed on the tin roof.

Spending the day out in the woods, wading the creek and eating wild huckleberries and blackberries straight off the bush without worrying about germs or getting sick. Swinging on vines like Tarzan. Building rafts to float the creek (even though I can't swim).

OK, y'alls turn. Tell me what you loved when you were little.......

3 comments:

Simon said...

Sleeping in matchboxes.

Anonymous said...

Making our own bows and arrows. And building a tree house.
Being fussed about in hospital, 'cos I fell out of the treehouse fleeing from J***, who'd put an arrow in my left foot AND WAS RELOADING :-(

Wil said...

Playing with my younger brothers into the summer twilight, capturing the flag, hide 'n' seek, then hunting up lightning bugs, saving them in a jar with sweet mown grass and a few holes in the lid...