Saturday, March 04, 2006

SIGNS OF SPRING

Lord knows I'm not in the best of shape. Between Father Time, Mother Nature, and Mr. Gravity, various bits have started to sag and bag. I tend to be a bit of a hedonist (i.e. I enjoy good food and drink) which hasn't helped me keep a girlish figure. I don't tend to dress my age, I'm a jeans and T-shirt kinda gal. No knit suits and sack-like dresses for me. I wear shorts and bathing suites in public. So you know I'm not a prude in the clothing department.

BUT.....
This warm weather continues and the birds, bees and flowers aren't the only thing Spring-like that's making an appearance. The shorts and halter tops have come out of the closet and hit the streets.

Far be it for me to talk about bellies becoming muffin tops or thighs jiggling (that's like the pot calling the kettle black!). It's just that I went to WalMart the other day and I couldn't believe the amount of fish-belly white fat that was exposed.

Females of all ages were strutting their stuff in the sunshine. Overweight teens, puffy 20 somethings, pudgy 30's Mamas, middle-aged madams, they all proudly displayed their overhanging middles and cellulite for all to see.

Now I don't know about y'all, but I like to show my assets and cover up the things that aren't all that attractive when I go out in public. I would love to wear some of the fashions in the stores but I know I no longer have the figure to pull then off ( I'm not fond of hearing people snicker when I walk by). I know what I look like, what looks good on me, and what is only wishful thinking when I admire that skimpy outfit in the store.

So Ladies. Strut your stuff but look in the mirror before you leave the house. Check out both the front and the back view, please. Just because it comes in your size doesn't mean that you should wear it!!

Show your beautiful self to the world, but some things should remain a mystery. It's far more sexy to allude to something than to flash it for all the world to see. Let's put our best, er, foot, out there for everyone to see.

Technorati Tags: Fashion, Rant, Weight, Appearance, Spring, Fat

No comments: