Friday, March 03, 2006

TAGGED

I got tagged by Doreen over at Thanks For The Ride, Lady with the 7 song Meme & the rules are:

List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they're any good, but they must be songs you're really enjoying now. Post these instructions in your blog along with your seven songs. Then tag seven other people to see what they're listening to.

Dang, this is hard! I love music of all kinds and listen to whatever my mood calls for that day. I range from oldies to hard core head-banging rock to country to blues. Plus half the time I can't remember which group goes with which song. Here are my choices in no particular order.

1. "If I Was Getting It at Home" by Peggy Scott Adams: (click #7 to hear a clip of this song). Peggy Scott Adams is a homegirl from 'Bama who's been rocking the R&B world forever. This is an older song and I couldn't find the lyrics anywhere but one of my favorite lines from it goes something like this "I might not be a spring chicken, but I ain't an old hen. Us women over 40 need a little now and again". Amen Sister! If you ladies out there have never heard any of Peggy's stuff, go online and check her out. Download a song or two. I've got a homemade CD of Peggy, Sheba Potts Wright, and Denise Lasalle that is our "Girls Gone Out" music.

2. "Battleship Chains" by Georgia Satellites: Their first album "Georgia Satellites (1986)" was my feel good/driving music for a while. Now I've got it on CD and the fun continues. I can't help drumming on the steering wheel with the sound jacked up while people wonder who's the crazy lady driving way too fast. At least they get out of my way in fear!!

3. "18 Wheeler" by Pink: You can blame Karen for this one. She's a Pink fanatic and I've been around her. Now I have this song stuck in my head. Gotta admit it makes a good "Get out of my face" song.

4. "Rock Star" by Nickelback: Karen's fault again.I love Nickelback, and she bought this CD. Now I gotta steal it long enough to burn me a copy. It talks about the "illusions" people have what it's like being a rock star so well I want to quit my job, write a rock song, learn to play guitar, and be a Rock Star too.

5. "Disease" by Matchbox 20 : This song got me through a lot of heartache and tears. In fact, the whole "More Than You Think" album is great. I know, they've been around a while but HEY I like this group. Go here to listen to any of their albums for free.

6." The Martian Boogie" by Brownsville Station: (click #18 to hear a clip) I've been collecting some of the stuff I listened back when and I just received "Smokin' In The Boy's Room: The Best Of Brownsville Station" a few weeks ago. My son just rolls his eyes but this is goldie oldie for me. Besides, I get to sing it around the house just to irritate him!!

7. "Old Red" by Blake Shelton: I'm not usually into country music much, but I like this one. It's a feel good country song that's fun to sing and will give you a giggle. Besides, the Sheltons' are kin and you know how we Southerners are about supporting our folks. The fact that he sings beautifully and is damn cute helps, too. Go here for videos and your daily dose of eye candy.

BONUS: "Good Ol' Boys" by Willie Nelson: My 6 year old grandson is a Dukes of Hazzard fanatic. He watches it several times a day, knows all the episodes by heart, has the movie memorized, and walks around singing this song all the time. Neither He nor I could carry a tune in a bucket but we have a blast with this one.

I'm not tagging anyone, but play if you want. Leave a comment here to let us know to come and check out your music tastes.

Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

1 comment:

David Kelor said...

Hello friends!
You feel the ringtone of your mobile phone is boring? You want to own a unique and fun ringtones on your phone? I will suggest to you the list of the best ringtones for the mobile phone, you can consider to download to your phone.

Ringtones collection:
- Download Harry potter ringtone mp3
- Download Rick and morty ringtone mp3
- Download Evil morty ringtone mp3
- Download Hello moto ringtone mp3
- Download Lion king ringtone mp3

All ringtones are downloaded for free. Hope some of our updates can bring a whole new look to the ringtone market worldwide. To learn more about the latest ringtones, you can visit homepage: https://ringtonesmobile.net/