Thursday, June 08, 2006

BAD BLOGGER, BAD! NO ICE CREAM FOR YOU!

I think Blogger has gone schizophrenic! It wants to work. It makes extravagant promises (must be male). It tries. It starts to pull up a page (the damn tease) and then BAM! Page Not Found. Please know that if you haven't heard from me that I tried, I really did, but Blogger cut me short. (gives the finger and a loud raspberry to Blogger).

I've gotten so pissed off that all the thoughts and ideas for a post have flown out of my head and I need to cool off, so I'm going to give you 2 versions of my favorite homemade ice-cream recipe (I've got the weekend off and plan to make a tub full). One is fat/sugar free but wonderful. The other is the same recipe but with all the good stuff left in. Enjoy.


FULL FAT/SUGAR ICE CREAM

*2 large boxes of instant pudding mix (the flavor will determine the flavor of the ice cream)
*2 cans evaporated milk or 1 quart of cream or half & half.
*whole milk
*Optional: various flavorings or extracts (I like to add a tablespoon each of good vanilla extract and butter flavoring. It makes the ice cream richer). Chopped fruit, crushed cookies, nuts, etc if desired.

Mix pudding mixes, cream & optionals. Pour into ice cream freezer and top off with milk. Goof off while it freezes. Pig out on some of the best ice cream you've ever eaten. I like to mix cheesecake pudding mix and fresh strawberries. Make up your own combination.

Note: Do not mix the pudding mixes and cream early, it'll set up and be yucky.



SUGAR FREE/FAT FREE ICE CREAM THAT TASTES JUST AS GOOD

*2 large boxes sugar free instant pudding mix
*2 cans evaporated skim milk or 1 quart of Land O'Lakes fat free Half & Half (this stuff is WONDERFUL!)
*Skim Milk ( I like Purity Fat Free Acidophilus Milk. It has body and isn't thin and blue looking like most skim milk. My family has never noticed that I switched from whole milk with this one.)

The rest is the same as the above recipe. Believe me people, you will hardly be able to tell the difference. The pudding mix makes this ice cream smoother and creamier than most and it freezes faster. Who said that you have to give up everything good to go on a diet.

EXTRA: You can get a free Workout DVD from Nike [link]. Under the workout menu - click the dance personality quiz - then click take the quiz. The form requires only your name and address

No comments: