Sunday, June 04, 2006

YUYU

We've all done Memes, seems that the same old repetitive things keep circulating around the blogsphere. But wait, don't despair! Winston over at Nobody Asked is promoting what I consider one of the most interesting questions I've seen yet. He starts out with:



"John over at Blog Meridian is one of my favorite blogosphere arrangers (his description) who often has a refreshingly different take on the world as he sees it. He poses this question, which he says was not meant as a meme, but it is one of those important questions that should circulate the blogosphere. Since it is not a typical meme, I'll just call it a yuyu....... "

Now here's the question:


Are you this way because
you blog?
Or do you blog because you
are this way?

Here's what I answered in Winston's comments (I admit that I've edited and polished it up a little before posting here on my site):


BOTH. I think blogging makes me even more of the person I already am, or maybe it allows some of the inner-me that other people don't see (damn, that rhymes!) room to stretch and get out in the open where others can see what I usually hide in the dark corners of my mind.

Blogging makes me think, because others write about ideas and things which I've never come up with on my own, things that give me that wonderful "Ah Ha" moment. I swear sometimes you can actually see one of those cartoon light bulbs go off over my head!

Blogging makes me more creative, because I have to struggle to put my sometimes incoherent thoughts into words that others will understand. Blogging makes me exercise my mind and we all know that Doctors claim that's what keeps you young and mentally spry. Believe me, I need all the help I can get, neither Alzheimers and Senile Dementia sound like something I would enjoy.


This question kinda reminds me of that famous French philosopher Rene Descartes saying, "Cogito ergo sum" (I think therefore I am), that has sparked so many debates over the years.

What about y'all? Tell us.......

Are you this way because
you blog?
Or do you blog because you
are this way?

No comments: